If you have received a letter from the national booking system about a vaccination appointment and have any questions about this, please contact them on the number given. The practice does not have any information on the centres and is not able to book appointments for patients at these venues.
If you would prefer to have your appointment at our local service, you do not need to do anything – we will contact you as soon as an appointment is available.
For further information on the national booking system appointment process and the options available to you, please click here/see below
Vaccination Invitation Letters from the National Booking System
If you are aged (75) or over, and have not yet had a vaccination, you may get a letter from the NHS national booking system inviting you to make an appointment at a large scale centre or community pharmacy.
These are being sent to people who live within 45 minutes of one of the centres that has been opened, which might be in a different area to where you would normally receive your healthcare.
Please note that you do not have to book an appointment at one of these centres if it is not convenient for you to get there. You can:
- choose to wait for an invitation from your GP practice
- choose to wait until one of the West Yorkshire centres open and are added to the national booking system, which will happen over the next few weeks.
Please do not contact your local practice about an appointment until you receive an invitation from them. They will not be able to advise you on when you will get an appointment or which centres are available. All this information is available on the national booking system website.
The centres in West Yorkshire that are currently on the national booking system are:
- Boots pharmacy in Halifax
- Superdrug in the Merrion Centre, Leeds
- Pharmacy2U at the Village Hotel, Leeds
- Pharmacy2U at Morrisons, Dewsbury Road, Wakefield.
Four large scale vaccination centres will be opening in West Yorkshire between now and mid- February. This will be at:
- Navigation Walk, Wakefield
- The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield
- Jacob’s Well, Bradford
- Elland Road Football Stadium, Leeds